A significant advantage of eBook reading device is the capacity, even with a basic version of Kindle, you can hold thousands of eBooks with this handy size device. But every coin has two sides, after finishing and archiving more and more books, the storage space will become more and more disordered.
When you need to spend minutes to find the book you want to read, it is high time that you cleaned your ebook shelf up.
Identify Your Needs
Before cleaning your Kindle up, you should know what kind of deletion do you need.
1) You have downloaded too many books and finished most of them, now you want to make your Kindle looks clear and clean, delete those finished books from device but keep them in cloud.
2) You even don't want to see those finished books in archive, want to delete them from Kindle Cloud.
Delete books on Kindle devices like Kindle, Paperwhite and Kindle Fire
Delete books from Kindle
(Tips: The model with a 5-way controller and 4 buttons at the bottom)
This is the cheapest model in Kindle family at the moment which only costs you $69, what a bargain! I bet you will never regret to have it.
To free up space on your Kindle, you can archive items by selecting the item’s name on the Home screen and pressing the Left Arrow on the 5-way controller. Select remove from device, and press the center of the 5-way controller.
Delete books from Kindle Keyboard
1. If you are not already on the Home screen, press the Home button.
2. In the list of the content already on your device, move the 5-way to underline the item you want to remove.
3. Move the 5-way to the left to remove the item.
4. For books purchased from the Kindle Store you will see “remove from device” and for all other content you will see “delete.” Press the 5-way to remove the content. To change your mind, move the 5-way up or down to cancel. Note that Kindle books are backed up for you at Amazon even if they are removed from the device.
5. For content other than books purchased from the Kindle Store, you will need to confirm the deletion of the content by selecting “ok.”
Delete books from Kindle Paperwhite
To clean up your library on Kindle Paperwhite, you can remove items by pressing and holding the item’s name or cover on the Home screen. When the dialog box appears, tap Remove from Device. This option will vary depending upon the content. Your content will remain stored securely in the Cloud for download at a later time
Delete books from Kindle Fire (HD)
To delete books from Kindle Fire, simply press and hold on an item to display the contextual menu, then select Remove from Device.
Content purchased from Amazon will remain stored in the Amazon Cloud in case you want to download it again at a later date.
Delete books from Kindle app for Android and iOS
Remove content from Kindle Android app
To remove content from your Kindle app which installed on Android device, you need to enter the application at first. Then you are in the home screen and there displays your books.
Now find the book you want to remove from your cellphone in the app, tap on and hold on the book you want to delete, then choose "Remove from device" (the last option).
You can see the screenshot on the right side.
Remove content from Kindle iOS app
You can delete books from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch so you don't have to use your device's memory space to store them.
To remove individual book from the Kindle for iOS app, simply tap and hold the cover of the book, and then tap "Remove from device" which in fact is the only choice for you.
Content that is purchased from the Kindle Store is archived and can be re-downloaded at any time; sideloaded content and personal documents that are not archived in your Kindle Library are permanently deleted.
Delete books from Kindle Cloud
Before you do this, please make sure you understand that if you delete a book completely from your Kindle Cloud, you will not be able to read it any more unless you purchase the book again.
Alright, if you reach this part, I can see you really have a pretty strong mind to clean up your Kindle archives. Now let's remove contents from Kindle Cloud completely and permanently.
1) Login to Amazon.com and go to "Manage Your Content and Devices" (Formerly "Manage your Kindle") page. In this page you can see all the items in your Kindle Cloud, which means they can be synced to all your registered Kindle devices and apps.
2) Select the books you want to delete, and then click on "Delete" button.
3) Then it will pop up a warning window to let you make sure. Click "Yes".
Finally, you have deleted this book completely, you are not able to see the book in either your device or your cloud any more.
Jonny Greenwood joined Epubor since 2011, loves everything about eBooks and eReaders. He seeks the methods to read eBooks more freely and wants to share all he has got with you.